Saturday, January 11, 2014

Entry 2: June 25th


June 25th

Dear Diary,

I’ve been avoiding to write, worrying that you’ll judge me, too. You’ve been observing me from my desk.

I stare at you for a moment then hop on my laptop to surf the net or IM my friends. Once I grow bored, I stare at you and sluggishly shuffle my feet out of my room to grab something out of the fridge. I return and glare at you, compelling me to flip the pages of a magazine or book to keep my mind occupied.

But yet, you’re always there staring back at me.

I figured that you’re not going to label me like the others, remark on what I wear, or murmur that I cover my arms most times just to hide wounds of slitting my wrists; nothing but rumors.

You’re actually different.


You’re truth, you’re one of my friends. You listen and respect me like a genuine pal. You’re bout like my stuffed elephant Jazzy that I’ve had since I was 5 years old. The only difference is that you’re not squishy and soft like him.


Your Friend,

Elizabeth “Raven” Jameson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment